Slinging and Lifting Training
We have developed an introductory slinging /rigging training course that provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to safely carry out basic rigging and lifting operations
Delegates completing Rigging and Lifting training will be able to:
- Carry out basic calculation of angles and tension
- Define lifting operation and equipment terminology
- Identify common unsafe practices and probable consequences
- Identify safe and correct use and pre-use examination of rigging and lifting equipment
- Plan routine lifting operations and understand requirement for non-routine/ complex lift planning
- Understand care and storage requirements
- Understand relevant legislation applicable to lifting operations
- Understand the requirement of lifting operation risk assessment
- Understand basic functions and safe working practices of offshore pedestal cranes and overhead travelling cranes
No previous experience is required.
Booking a course
We can arrange to deliver any of our Slinging and Lifting course onsite in your setting to groups or at our Halifax or Bradford training venue. We can run a single course with a maximum of 16 delegates for this particular course with one of our trainers. Bespoke training packages can be provided and we can offer discounts on block bookings.
If you would like to talk further about the training we offer, don’t hesitate to contact us on (01422) 750024 or alternatively email us your requirements to email@example.com
GEM E-Learning Courses
We also offer a variety of online e-learning courses covering many areas including Food Safety/Hygiene, Health and Safety, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Safeguarding and many other courses supporting working industries within Healthcare, Adult & Childcare settings and Business settings. The majority of our online e-learning courses are RoSPA, IATP, CPD, IIRSM, IFE, Laser, ILM & ETA approved courses
Click here for more details about booking on to one of our online e-learning courses or watch the video below for more details about our Health and Safety e-learning courses ?